Amy Walker brings us up to date from her office at the Alltech FEI 2010 World Equestrian Games Foundation, para-equestrian Jonathan Wentz shares some fabulous news, and we catch up on everything else WEG-related, including what some of our spotlight riders have been doing lately (clue: Jacob, 7lbs 7oz, born March 30th!) Listen in….
2010 Radio Show Episode 85 – Show Notes and Links:
- Hosts: Samantha Clark and Glenn the Geek
- Guest: Amy Walker of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games Foundation
- Guest: Para-Equestrian Jonathan Wentz
- Guest: Spotlight Driver Mike McLennan
- News: The new FEI Equine Anti Doping and Controlled Medication Regulations and the Equine Prohibited Substances List went into effect this week for all FEI events.
- News: A new study by Dr Paul Coomes, Professor of Economics at the University of Louisville shows an increase in projected economic benefit for the State of Kentucky which stands to gain in the region of $167 million.
- News: The Environmental Protection Agency, or EPA, joined the Kentucky Infrastructure Authority, or KIA, last week in a ceremony at the Kentucky Horse Park,to recognise a $1.95 million project funded in part through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
- News: Four taxis from Yellow Cab Company will show their support for the Alltech FEI 2010 WEG, on the streets of Lexington, starting this month. Yellow Cab will be wrapping four cabs with the Alltech FEI 2010 WEG logo, and in addition, each cab will have a special ID number to represent the Games.
- News: We have some news from the National Reining Horse Association about the High Roller Reining Classic to Benefit Equestrian Aid Foundation in Las Vegas in September. 800 top national and international horses and 2,000 riders will compete in this “AA” rated event, with over $150,000 in added money and prizes. A select few will come directly from there to the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington for the Alltech FEI 2010 World Equestrian Games, to represent the US in the toughest international reining competition in the world.
- News: The sale of four new prints, as well as the original paintings, will benefit The Race for Education, and will also commemorate four disciplines at the Alltech FEI 2010 World Equestrian Games.
- News: Ireland will field a dressage team at the World Equestrian Games in Kentucky.
- News: Megan Jones is likely to play a strong part in the Australian challenge at the Alltech FEI 2010 World Equestrian Games.
- News: Buck Davidson Wins The Fork CIC*** (again) | Three Days Three Ways
- News: The Fork, in North Carolina, hosted an important run last weekend for horse and rider combinations headed to Rolex, and those vying for a place on the US Eventing Alltech FEI 2010 World Equestrian Games Team.
- News: Burnham Market International Horse Trials was the only event to survive torrential rain in England last weekend, and the CIC 3 * was packed with eventing stars, but Rolex bound Oli Townend and Ashdale Cruise Master emerged as the winners.
- News: Tickets go on sale today for Wynonna Judd’s September 24 concert in Ashland, KY. Wynonna takes the stage at the Paramount Arts Center as part of the Alltech Fortnight Festival. The performance begins at 8 p.m. on the eve of opening ceremonies for the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games 2010.
- News: Grounds Pass Ticket Sales Set for 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games
- News: WEG Officials to upgrade online “Business Opportunity” notices.
- News: World Equestrian Games Blogs
- News: Susan’s Para E-Quest
- Please support our sponsors because we would not be here without them:
Download or Subscribe: