John Nicholson, Executive Director of the Kentucky Horse Park, gives us an update on the readiness of the Kentucky Horse Park for the Alltech 2010 World Equestrian Games. Plus, we bring the latest news of the 2010 WEG, listen in…
2010 Radio Show Episode 75 – Show Notes and Links:
- Hosts: Samantha Clark and Glenn the Geek
- Guests: John Nicholson, Executive Director of the Kentucky Horse Park, and Joanie Morris of the United States Equestrian Federation.
- News: The University of Kentucky is providing medical services at the Kentucky Horse Park during the Alltech FEI 2010 World Equestrian Games, but it’s Athletics Department is getting the word out to masses of fans thanks to an amazing Wildcat basketball season under coach John Calipari.
- News: The USET Foundation’s landmark Gladstone headquarters is slated to undergo state of the art renovations in time for the World Equestrian Games dressage squad trials this summer.
- News: Dressage mare Blue Hors Matine, whose dressage freestyle at the 2006 World Equestrian Games in Aachen became an Internet video sensation, was euthanized today after breaking a leg in a paddock accident, Horse and Hound reported.
- News: Canadian Native Mario DesLauriers has won his first Grand Prix as a US citizen, riding Urico, the horse he will be campaigning during selection trials in Wellington, Florida for the US team at the 2010 FEI Alltech World Equestrian Games.
- News: The Dressage Greats come together in Wellington in the first round of the Exquis World Dressage Masters in what may be an appetiser for the 2010 FEI Alltech World Equestrian Games. Steffen Peters on Ravel will face Isabell Werth and Anky van Grunsven again for the first time since his victory at the World Cup final in Las Vegas last April.
- News: Equine Canada has announced that 3 para-dressage courses will be held in conjunction with the Windreach International Para-Dressage CPEDI 3*, held on May 28th-30th, an official qualifier for the Alltech FEI 2010 World Equestrian Games
- News: Cornerstone will host the CDI 3* Spring into Dressage competition at Caledon Equestrian Park in Ontario to give Canadian dressage riders a chance to gain qualifying scores in advance of the Alltech FEI 2010 World Equestrian Games
- News: Canadian Dressage riders are taking advantage of winter training in Florida, and got off to a flying start, dominating the Gold Coast Opener CDI, in their quest for medals at the upcoming FEI Alltech 2010 World Equestrian Games later this year.
- News: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy is coming to Lexington, Kentucky to play with the Lexington Philharmonic Orchestra as part of the Alltech Fortnight Festival, the music and ale statewide extravaganza that will complement the FEI World Equestrian Games.
- News: We say it almost without thinking about it, but why is Kentucky the Horse Capital of the World and why was it chosen to host the first World Equestrian Games ever held outside Europe?
- Please support our sponsors because we would not be here without them:
Download or Subscribe: