The English Vaulting Squad, our Spotlight Vaulters, make a fantastic announcement on the show and we hear some happy news from Jessica Phoenix, our Spotlight Eventer. Plus, Samantha speaks with Olympic show jumper Anne Kurskinski and gives us the latest news from the Alltech 2010 World Equestrian Games, listen in….
2010 Radio Show Episode 66 – Show Notes and Links:
- Hosts: Samantha Clark and Glenn the Geek
- Guest: Congrats Jessica Phoenix – listen in to hear the news!!!
- Guest: Listen in to hear the excitement as the English Vaulting Squad, our Spotlight Vaulters make a big announcement!
- Guest: Thank you to Olympic show jumper Anne Kurskinski for spending a few minutes with us this week.
- News: History was made today in Copenhagen, Denmark when delegates from the member nations that comprise the Federation Equestre Internationale (FEI), the world governing body of horse sports for competitions such as the World Cups, World Equestrian Games and Olympics, voted to allow small amounts of non-steroidal medications to be given to competition horses. Read more of Fran Jurga’s report….
- News: The Kentucky Horse Park, the site of next year’s World Equestrian Games, has taken a massive step towards leaving a much smaller carbon footprint. It has committed to spend almost six million dollars on an energy overhaul that will eventually save it about half a million dollars each year.
- News: With about 300 days until international horse sport fans descend on Kentucky for the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games, cheap hotel rooms in the Bluegrass are extinct. Even expensive ones are going fast. Read more…
- News: Rood & Riddle Equine Hospital’s role as the Official Veterinary Partner of the Games will not be limited to providing veterinary support during the competition but will also include hosting educational forums for veterinarians and horse owners. Rood & Riddle, Alltech and the American Association of Equine Practitioners have joined forces to sponsor a sport horse symposium for veterinarians and another for horse owners, to be held in conjunction with the 2010 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games, which opens September 25 at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, KY. Read more of Fran Jurga’s report….
- News: Lynn Palm of Palm Partnership Training & Alliance Saddles along with the American Paint Horse Association are pleased to announce participation in the Equine Village of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games, which will be held at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington September 25-October 10, 2010.
- Please support our sponsors because we would not be here without them:
Download or Subscribe: