Our Spotlight Dressage Rider Pierre St Jacques is back with us this week with a report on his showing at Devon and his thoughts on the Alltech 2010 World Equestrian Games. Plus, listen in as we update you with the latest 2010 WEG news….
2010 Radio Show Episode 60 – Show Notes and Links:
- Hosts: Samantha Clark and Glenn the Geek
- Thank you to our Spotlight Dressage Rider Pierre St Jacques for joining us with an update. Visit his website. Congratulations Pierre and Samantha on your nuptials.
- Here is Pierre St Jacques and Lucky Tiger as they compete in the Grand Prix at the Festival of Champions in Gladstone, New Jersey. Pierre and Lucky Tiger placed second with a 68.59%.
- Champion show jumper Ashlee Bond is a rising star in the equestrian world. Though she’s made a name for herself in international competition, she still takes the time to stay closely involved with her horses’ day-to-day lives.In celebration of the close ties between riders and their horses, Bond has teamed up with Legend® by Bayer Animal Health to promote the “Enjoy the Ride” essay contest. To enter, describe in 150 words or less how you love and care for your horse and what your horse gives you in return. The author of the top essay will be awarded a trip for two to the 2010 World Equestrian Games at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, Kentucky. The prize includes airfare to Lexington, hotel accommodations for three nights, transportation to the Horse Park, two tickets to the Games, and a $500 American Express gift card for spending money.The essays will be judged on content and creativity relating to the theme. Organization, spelling and grammar will count for 25% of the judging. The deadline for entries is December 31, 2009. Submit your entry at enjoytheridecontest.com.
- The University of Kentucky’s SKY Blue Solar House is now sitting on the National Mall in Washington DC. Faculty, staff and students from the College of Engineering, along with the Colleges of Agriculture and Design all had a hand in it’s success. Once the competition is completed, the house will be transported back to the Kentucky Horse Park, where it will serve as the visitor’s center for the City of Lexington at the 2010 World Equestrian Games.
- Two foals that will be born in March 2010 are the first clones of a three-day event horse. A Belgian Warmblood gelding owned by Ronald Zabala-Goetschel of Quito, Ecuador, and Kennett Square, Pa., Che Mr. Wiseguy is a dark bay gelding with three white socks and a blaze. Zabala-Goetschel said that since competing at the Rolex Kentucky CCI 4* in April 2009, the horse has quite a fan club. Based on that performance, horse and rider are qualified to represent Ecuador at the World Equestrian Games in 2010.
- Please support our sponsors because we would not be here without them:
Download or Subscribe: