Samantha and Glenn the Geek were on location at the World Cup Jumping Qualifier at the Kentucky Horse Park. A fantastic selection of guests on this show including Show Jumpers Margie Engle and Mclain Ward, Eventer Jessica Phoenix, Reiner Pete Kyle and CEO of Hagyard Equine Medical Institute Dr. Andy Clark. Listen in…
2010 Radio Show Episode 56 – Show Notes and Links:
- Thank you to Dr. Andy Clark for inviting us to record from the $50,000 CSI-W Lexington Grand Prix to conclude the Hagyard Challenge Series.
- It was great to speak with past World Equestrian Games competitors Mclain Ward and Margie Engle.
- We appreciate Dan Wahl, Executive Director of the National Reining Horse Association, and Reiner Pete Kyle for joining us for a few minutes.
- A very tired Spotlight Eventer Jessica Phoenix spent a few minutes telling us about her trip to England. See Jessica’s bio and her website.
- The Meydan Group, a racetrack development group in Dubai with ties to the Dubai royal family, will be the presenting sponsor of the Endurance Competition. The Dubai Royal Family has a rich history intertwined with horses. Dubai’s ruler, and vice president of the United Arab Emirates, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum is a keen endurance rider, and will head a team at next year’s games. Read more…
- The National Reining Horse Association will also be a sponsor of the Alltech World Equestrian Games next year, and will be bringing a very exciting new component to the reining competition. After the final round of the reining in next year’s Games, the NRHA will sponsor a Reining Freestyle Exhibition Competition.
- Tickets officially go on sale next Friday, 25th September, if you’re a member of the American Quarter Horse Association, another sponsor of the World Games, you’re going to have two days to get a jump on the rest of us. Starting at noon on Monday September 21st, and ending at midnight on Wednesday, AQHA members will be able to order up to six tickets per session, online only.
- Alltech have picked ten Kentuckians to spread the word about next year’s Games, and everything related to them. Ten Ambassadors, each representing one of the State’s congressional districts have been chosen by Alltech.
- Visit the World 2010 WEg Officiqal Blog at 2010alltechweg.blogspot.com.
- Finnish Dressage rider Kyra Kyrklund has retired her top horse Max, after finishing 7th in the recent European Championships at Windsor. Read more…
- Please support our sponsors because we would not be here without them:
Download or Subscribe: