We check in with Jim Ellis, Chief Executive of Equestrian Sports New Zealand, to learn how the preparations are going for the Alltech FEI 2010 World Equestrian Games. Plus, we have a lot of 2010 WEG news for you this week, listen in…
2010 Radio Show Episode 53 – Show Notes and Links:
- Only a few days left to enter the August Horse Radio Network Giveaway, sign up now:
- Thank you to Jim Ellis for joining us this week with an update from New Zealand. Please visit the Equestrian Sports New Zealand website. And a great website from New Zealand for horse news is Horse Talk.
- Follow everything going on at the Alltech FEI European Jumping & Dressage Championships on their website.
- Britain’s Para-Equestrian Team was also on flying form at their European Championships that wrapped up in Norway last sunday. Britain took Team Gold, Germany came home with the silver, and the bronze medal went to the Netherlands.
- The American Event horses hoping to contest Burghley have all arrived in England safely, they’re currently staying with US show-jumper Laura Kraut who has a nice barn over there. Check out the Burghley Horse Trials website.
- It has been announced that the University of Kentucky’s Coldstream Research Campus will be used for parking at next year’s Games. With spaces for about 8,400, it’s about five miles from the Kentucky Horse Park and visitors will then be shuttled to and from the competitions.
- Our spotlight rider Jessica Phoenix will be riding at Blenheim Palace. Good luck Jessica.
- See Tom Eblen’s blog The Bluegrass and Beyond.
- Please support our sponsors because we would not be here without them:
Download or Subscribe: