The ticket prices are announced and we discuss them with Ellen Gregory, PR for the WEG Foundation. Plus, we reveal our choice for the 2010 Radio Show Spotlight Vaulters this week. This is the only discipline where we will be following a team in their quest to qualify and get selected for the Alltech FEI 2010 World Equestrian Games. Congratulations to the English Vaulting Squad and hear what they had to say. Listen in… 2010 Radio Show Episode 45 – Show Notes and Links:
- The winners of the June Radio Show Giveaway were:
- The new giveaway for July will start within the week. Check back.
- The big news of the week was that the ticket prices have been set and released! Tickets will go on sale September 25, 2009, exactly one year before the Games arrive in Kentucky.
- Approximately 600,000 tickets will be available with prices starting as low as $25. Ticket sales will be facilitated by the 2010 Games Ticketing Provider, Ticketmaster, Inc. All ticket sales will be completed online at the Games Web site, www.alltechfeigames.com, beginning on September 25, 2009.
- The other big news this week coming out of the Kentucky Horse Park is that there will be no dogs going into the Horse Park next year during the World Equestrian Games. More…
- The US show-jumpers will be defending their lead in the Meydan FEI Nations Cup. After two wins early on, they finished a close second in Rotterdam a couple of weeks ago.
- Horsemania is coming back to Lexington. Those fantastic, decorated, fibreglass horses that popped up all over town in the year 2000 will make a reappearance next year in time for the World Equestrian Games.
- You might find it hard pressed to think what Lexington and the surrounding counties have in common with Napa Valley, but not for long. This year the Kentucky Bourbon Trail, a tour of eight distilleries, celebrates it’s tenth anniversary, and it’s getting ever more popular.
- We are thrilled to announce the Spotlight team we will be following for Vaulting from now through the 2010 Games. We would like to congratulate the English Riding Squad out of England for being our Spotlight team! The English Vaulting Squad was formed in 2000 by a group of committed vaulters and parents who wished to advance up to International level. We had a chance to speak with Gill Barham and a couple of the kids on the team as they were preparing to leave for Achen for a big competition.
Download or Subscribe: