Jamie Link, the new Chief Executive Officer of the Alltech FEI 2010 World Games Foundation, gives us an update on the economy, tickets sales and prices, volunteers and so much more. Listen in to this special 25th episode of the 2010 Radio Show all about the Alltech FEI 2010 World Equestrian Games.
2010 Radio Show Episode 25 – Show Notes and Links
- Thank you to Jamie Link, Chief Executive Officer of the Alltech FEI 2010 World Games Foundation, for joining us on our 25th episode of the 2010 Radio Show. Jamie gives us an update on the his job, foundation finances, sponsorships, the economy and a number of other things. The foundation website can be found at feigames2010.org.
- One week left to enter to win February’s Games Giveaway as we give away a triple stitched leather halter from KBC Horse Supplies. (Remember, you have to enter every month.)
- Thanks to our sponsor, KBC Horse Supplies, the single source for all your horse needs. Be sure to check out all their February specials:
- Follow us on our new Facebook Group and get updates on the 2010 Radio Show.
- Kentucky Governor Beshear appointed a new 45-member advisory council Friday to assist with various aspects of the games. The most notable new member is Capt Kirk himself, William Shatner. Shatner is a horseman and owns a farm not far from me here in Lexington, KY. Others appointed include former Gov. Martha Layne Collins, Hall of Fame jockey and founder of the North American Racing Academy Chris McCarron, Keene land President Nick Nicholson, Georgetown College President William “Bill” Crouch Jr. and state Sen. Damon Thayer, R-Georgetown.
Beshear appointed Margee Koffler of Lexington, the chairwoman of the U.S. Dressage Association, to head up the group. Read more…
- A great story about security at the games appeared on bizlex.com this week. Take a look.…
- Karen O’Connor speaks about her WEG plans briefly in an interview for the Eventing Radio Show. Listen to the whole interview with Karen and her long time groom Max.
- Join us next week as we have coverage from the 2010 Games Community Forum held in Lexington.
Download or Subscribe: